- India News
- Sengol to be set up by PM Modi in brand-new Parliament on May 28: 10 bottom lines
TIMESOFINDIA.COM/ May 25, 2023, 14:12 IST
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Sunday get the historic and spiritual’
which is a sign of the transfer of power from the British to India, and install it in the brand-new Parliament structure on May 28.
Sengol, which is a Tamil word for sceptre, was provided to first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru in August 1947 by the deputy pontiff of Thiruvavaduthurai ‘adheenam'(non-Brahmin Shaivite dogs in Tamil Nadu).
will get the Sengol from pontiffs of 20 ‘adheenams’ from Tamil Nadu, who will command the routines. They will turn over the ‘Sengol’ at 7.20 am after a 20-minute ‘homam’ or ‘havan’. Prime Minister Modi will then install it on a pedestal to the right of the Speaker’s chair.
Here are the leading 10 points of the story:
- ‘Sengol’ is a word stemmed from the Tamil word ‘Semmai’, implying ‘righteousness.’ The 5 feet decorative sceptre is crowned with the spiritual Nandi, with its unyielding look. The Nandi on top of the ‘Sengol’ is sign of ‘nyaya.’
- Made from silver with a coat of gold, the historic sceptre will be set up near the chair of the Lok Sabha Speaker on May 28 by PM Modi accompanied by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and the pontiffs from Tamil Nadu.
- The transfer of power throughout Chola times was sanctified by Saivite high priests. C Rajagopalachari had actually then asked for the leader of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam in Tamil Nadu (then Madras Presidency) to do the very same, for power to hand down to Indian hands from the British.
- The leader of the Adheenam instantly commissioned jeweller Vummidi Bangaru Chetty for the preparation of the ‘Sengol’ in 4 weeks.
- The sceptre was first turned over to Lord Mountbatten by a priest of Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam. It was nevertheless reclaimed and cleansed with gangajal.
- The Chola-style handover was commemorated with the singing of an unique tune made up for the celebration. Tamil poet saint Thirugnanasambandar wrote and sang the verses called “Kolaru Padhigam” in the seventh century CE, as a prayer to get rid of problems.
- Ever since, the Sengol has actually been on screen at Nehru’s Collection gallery at the Allahabad museum and now has actually been relocated to Delhi for its setup in the brand-new structure of Parliament.
- At least 31 members of the ‘adheenams’ will leave Chennai for New Delhi in 2 batches on chartered flights. Ahead of the event on May 28, Modi will honour them at his home at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg.
- Vummidi Ethirajulu, 96, and Vummidi Sudhakar, 88, 2 individuals associated with the making of the initial Sengol are anticipated to go to the brand-new Parliament structure inauguration function.
- Union home minister Amit Shah stated that the Parliament would be the most spiritual and appropriate location for the sengol including that it will be a reflection of ‘Amrit Kaal’, which will witness the remarkable moment of New India taking its rightful location worldwide.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA